Old Country Store Contact Us Directionss Restaurant In the Area About Us

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

About Us

The store was built by J. M. Harper, the current owner's great grandfather, in 1902. J. M's son, D. C. Harper, operated the store from 1915 to 1962.. D. C. acquired a Ford dealership where he sold Ford Model T's and Ford farm equipment. Bardon "Buck" Harper operated the store from 1962 to 1984. At one time there was a Post Offie in the store.

The Harper's have been in this area 10 generations and were farmers. The present owner, Joe, operates on over 4000 acres that includes owned and rented land. He runs several hundred cattle and sheep. His wife, Carolyn is a school teacher and their sons Scott and Matt have their own diverse businesses as well as farm.

The Harpers also raise cattle and mules.

In the slide show above, left to right; the Brother-in-Law John Crites and his wife, Pat Crites; son, Matt Harper with wife, Ashley Harper, wife Carolyn Harper and Joe Harper, son Scott Harper with wife Susan Harper, and sister Rosanne Glover. Foreground, grandchildren.